Suzuki Strings of Madison Program Policies
Some official information about how our programs operate. You can always ask your teachers for details!
- All group activities take place at the Madison Youth Arts Center at 1055 E. Mifflin Street, unless otherwise noted in the calendar.
- One-on-One lessons with your teacher are at a location worked out with your instructor.
Private Lesson Tuition
- Tuition is due to your private teacher on the first lesson of each semester or on the first lesson of each month.
- 30-minute lesson: $32
- 45-minute lesson: $50
- 60-minute lesson: $65
Our students are expected to attend lessons and classes regularly. In the event of a student absence, the private or group teacher needs to be notified 24 hours in advance. Should the teacher be absent, the private lesson will be made up. (There are no group make-ups.) There will be a limit of one make-up lesson per semester. In case of snow and bad driving conditions, we follow the Madison Schools’ policies: No lessons on a Madison snow day, if school has been canceled. In the event of class cancellation due to a late afternoon storm, you will receive a call no later than 4:00 pm.
Please arrive on time for all classes. Students more than 10 minutes late will not be admitted to class. For theory classes, bring a music stand, pencil, and manuscript paper. Siblings are welcome to observe classes, provided they sit quietly and are not disruptive. Parents, please reserve conversations for outside the classrooms.
Group Class Tuition
Group class tuition paid after the last week of September and last week of January must include a $15.00 late fee.
All fees are payable to “Suzuki Strings of Madison” and should be given to your private lesson teacher or paid online.
Please be prompt with your tuition payments, which are due at the first class of each semester.
|Twinkle||Go Tell Aunt Rhody|
|Book I||Handel Bourree|
|Book 3||Vivaldi a minor, 1st mov’t|
|Book 4||Vivaldi g minor, 1st mov’t|
|Book 5||Handel Sonata No. 1, F Major|
|Book 6||Bach a minor, 1st mov’t|
- Blouse – white, long-sleeved, front buttons, conservative neckline, tucked into skirt or pants.
- Skirt – black, mid-calf or ankle length OR Pants – black, dress pants (no jeans).
- Hosiery – Black pantyhose/tights (with skirts) or black socks (no prints or patterns).
- Shoes – black, dress shoes
- Shirt – white, long sleeved, button down, tucked into pants
- Pants – black, dress pants, with black belt (no jeans)
- Socks – black
- Shoes – black, dress shoes (no tennis shoes)
Prelude Strings will determine attire during class meeting.
- Sonora additional attire
- Girls and boys – informal polo with Sonora embroidered logo.
- Girls – 3/4 length black jacket from Tiger Lily on State Street.
- Boys – white tuxedo shirt provided by Sonora Strings.